Friday, May 7, 2010

The Sign

Now that you have Ace of Base in your head... Check this out...


I walk past this sign everyday. And everyday it confuses me. It is located in an area of campus where students in the Film School shoot scenes for their....you guessed it, films. First, it says no parking. I get that, it makes sense to me. (Although there is rarely a day when there isn't a car parked there....but that doesn't really affect me.) The part that doesn't make sense in my little head is the "Do Not Discard Boxes or Trash In This Area". I am not sure which that means....

Is it?

a. If you have a box or trash and you want to put them somewhere... this is NOT the place to put them.

or

b. If you see boxes or trash in the area, you had better leave them there. As in "do not remove items from this area."

It hurts my brain just about every morning.

2 comments:

  1. At first glance, I would have chosen "A" but after reading both of your interpretations I'm over-thinking it; now my brain hurts too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm... I agree. I was always thinking that the sign was there for decoration because of all the cars and trash that were stationed there.

    ReplyDelete