Thursday, May 27, 2010

Forever Young

Here is the actual text from a recent conversation that I had with my dad. Yes. I talk to my dad on gchat. He is cool, except that he still sometimes uses the greeting “wassssup!” That aside, here is what my dad thinks about my needs wants.


me: guess what I got?!
dad: a new car?
me: no
dad: a boyfriend?
me: no
dad: a new watch?
me: no
dad: I don't know what else you wanted because you already have your Macbook
How do you like it?


Oh, he knows me so well. It is a shame that I don't know him better. His birthday is this weekend. I think it is the 30th. (I always forget. It is either the 29th, the 30th or the 31st.) I will just have to call him every day and make some reference to it being his "birthday weekend". And I gave him is birthday present when he was in town last weekend. See, I am smart. This would be a crafty plan if he didn't read my blog. But he does, so I am busted. 

Not much I can do now except remind him that will age there are benefits. AARP has an entire list of them. He is eligible for nearly all of them. 

Happy Birthday, Dad! Expect a few phone calls from me this weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment