Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Is it really the thought that counts?


My sister, gotta love her, declares on the day after my birthday.... "I really wanted to get VIP tickets for you to go to the.." wait for it.... "The Extreme Monster Truck Rally" I promise those words seriously came out of her mouth. Because nothing says "Meghan" like ridiculously large trucks driving over beat up cars, airplanes and other random objects... kickin' up mud and dirt.

This is exactly the kind of thing that I really love my sister for. She knew that while I would have no legitimate desire to go to a monster truck rally, she knew that I would see the humor in it. People have seriously named their obscenely large tired vehicles names such as Raggin' Rebel, Raminator, Martial Law and my personal favorite Lil Miss Dangerous. Could you imagine the brainstorming session? Yikes.

She wanted to surprise me with those coveted tickets so much that she called in to a local radio station in an attempt to win them. Not once, but twice! After all, they were VIP tickets. And had she actually been caller #9 and snagged those tickets, you had better believe that I would have gone and I would have worn pearls to that show... Although there is a very small part of me that is terrified by what VIP status could possibly mean...)

I'm glad that she settled on giving me a gift card. Even if it did come with the following disclaimer: It may or may not have the full amount on it.

Gotta love her!

Which brings me to my rules for regifting. Who needs Emily Post, when you have me...
1. If the recipient would actually like/ use the gift- Go ahead regift.
2. Gift card- Go ahead regift. (I know others would disagree- but these are my rules.)
3. If the gift has been used (or looks like it has been used)- Give that junk to the Goodwill.
4. Homemade/ handmade items cannot be regifting. That is just rude.
5. Something terrible that you just don't want- save that for the office White Elephant exchange.

Oh, if you have some free time, skip on over to iTunes and pick up two new albums by Chris and Conrad and Jonny Diaz. They would make excellent gifts.

Dear Chris and Jonny,
You are welcome.

3 comments:

  1. 6:04 AM?

    What?

    You should be blogging on the taxpayers time... I'm just sayin'...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your rules :) haha! awesome :)

    ReplyDelete