Wednesday, May 13, 2009

blogworthy?

While this girl was at the dentist's office last week getting weirded out by the hygienist, I was chillin in the lobby of the doctor's office flipping through a copy of Newsweek from Spring 2008*. Would it kill them to update their magazine selection? I know that I pay enough for them to maintain their subscriptions! Anywho... I stumbled on to an ad for Oscar Myers something or other with the text "Blogworthy." Seriously? Who blogs about food? Oh wait... this guy does. For all of visual readers, here is the ad that caught my eye:

So it got me thinking... What is actually blogworthy? I highly doubt that anything I post is worthy of a blog, but clearly I do not care. I can post anything that I want to post and I will. And since it is ALL ABOUT ME (at least for the next few moments) let me share an actual compliment that I received yesterday.

[direct text from Facebook chat]

"well... i can't think of any other person in the world (outside of me/my wife/my unborn child/my dog) that is as amazing and consistently cool as you
in all facets of life
and my dog isn't even consistently cool
so you may be better than him"

My blog is clearly more for me than anyone else. It has been a great creative outlet for me. Who knew writing could be so much fun? Until recently, I have been more of a reader than a writer. I LOVE a good book and I am waiting on this girl to get her book club up and going. But until that actually happens, I will just keep writing. And for funsies here is a little clip of John Maxwell's thoughts on Readership... I mean Leadership... wait, no, Readership.

*In case anyone was wondering, according to that "oh so informative" Newsweek, we are on the brink of a recession.

3 comments:

  1. I am where I am today a lot because of you.

    That's all I have to say about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I commented before about Billy becoming a hyperlink and how jealous i was.

    Meghan, you have saved me from my misery. WOOHOO,WOOHOO, WOO FREAKING HOO!

    ReplyDelete