Friday, April 17, 2009

Well Done #2

I can't believe that these words are going to come out of my mouth but.....

Dear Figg Dining Hall/ Training Table/ Student-Athlete Nutrient Supplier,

Well done.

As you are now well aware, E-dub and I frequent your establishment for our weekly lunch. (And before I was there with her on a weekly basis... I was there with Brian, Jeffrey, Maggie and Co.- What can I say? I like a routine.) But back to the point of this commendation. We usually have a very pleasant dining experience at Figg, which is surprising given the campus dining/ cafeteria nature of the place, but today took the cake. I would like to point out that the circumstances today in the dining hall were the recipe for disaster. I even whispered in a wide eyed panic state to Erin as we walked toward the entrance... "kids, kids, kids, kiiiiddss, there are kids everywhere!" Low and behold, a field trip of magnificent proportions had thrown up on the Athletic Center. While I usually don't mind kids, I am not used to seeing them outnumber the adults at lunch. I braced myself for the worst. I saw grubby little paws pushing each other out of the way and touching all of the cookies that I love, I saw Coke flowing freely from the fountain, I saw a line for corndogs that was out of control... and no room to sit and dine. When suddenly I was brought from this overwhelmed state by a staff member who kindly told me that if I wanted salmon or baked chicken, I could walk over to the far corner where there was NO line of kiddos. Score! Erin and I were on our way. That little customer service tip allowed us to masterly skirt the lines and fill our plates with goods. Not a second after I filled my tray and turned to frantically find a seat, another staff member invited us to eat down the hall in the museum (a.k.a. kid free zone). As we walked into the room, chairs were set for us, the napkins that we needed were provided without request. Figg, today you made our day. Erin and I were able to discuss the finer things in life. (Yes, recounting are favorite lines from The Office counts as "finer things".)

And while your chicken may be dry, your staff is top notch. Well done, well done, well done.

We will see you next Friday!

Meghan

1 comment:

  1. paul, jimmy (goodbrad) and I used to pig out there our freshman year when we were all in dorms and on food plan... good stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete