Monday, July 27, 2009

The last post of this series... I promise.

Because I can never get enough of the City of Atlanta, I decided to spend another weekend there before racking up some more frequent driver miles and heading back to Tallahassee.
And when I say that I can never get enough of Atlanta, I really just mean that I can never get enough of Reagan. And not just because our names rhyme and she inspires me to live a little more green. And really how much more 'green' can I be

Reagan's goal for 2009 was to run a 5K every month. Lucky me- her July 5K just happened to be when I was in town. (so very sneaky of her.) So on Saturday morning, this travel weary gal woke up EARLY to run a little race honoring the Battle of Atlanta. And did I win? No. I decided that I would leave that honor to someone else. (See how generous I am!)

After running our race and supporting the Kirkwood neighborhood (home of Austin and Buckley), we hit up Sun in my Belly for brunch. Delish. And super cute. They had fabric flowers hanging everywhere. SO with that inspiration, Reagan and I proceeded to have a little afternoon of crafting fun.

Now running a 5K is good. But that is NO way to fully celebrate the Battle of Atlanta. So,after crafting, Reagan and I headed up to the East Atlanta Library for a dramatic presentation called, "Gone with the Wind in 20 Minutes" and then followed it up with a cupcake from a local coffee shop. (Things are always better when followed with a cupcake.) Oh, and don't be fooled into thinking that our educational cultural adventure stopped there. It most certainly did not, as we decided to check out a Civil War tour of Oakland Cementary. Super cool, btw.
There you have it. My vacation in 5 parts. Whether you enjoyed it or not. I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment