Saturday, July 25, 2009

Didn't see Oprah or Vince Vaughn giving a tour...

In an attempt to pack light, I left my laptop in Atlanta. Bad idea. I had to go old school and keep notes with pen/paper to document my Adventure in Air Travel. Did you know that Delta can cancel your flight for no reason- even once you are at the airport? Well, they can. And a sufficient customer service response is "Yea. It's cancelled." Followed by a blank stare. So, I grabbed that little black Delta phone in the middle of Hartsfield-Jackson and quickly got rebooked on a flight to Chicago (which was better than my original cancelled flight) and walked away wondering if Delta execs were aware that 98% of their employees appear to hate their jobs/lives.

So, I ended up arriving in Chicago earlier than my family had planned to pick me up and got in some good airport people watching. I was distracted from the mother who was letting her children play on baggage carousel by the full on family argument over whether grandpa should use the wheelchair or walk. But they were all trumped by the lady wearing a low cut bright yellow top exposing her black bra. Oh and she was wearing a chenille blanket as a skirt. (Of course, someone has probably written about me in their blog- because I was the one painting my finger nails at baggage claim. C'mon- I had time to kill!)

Once the family was all united, we headed out to play in Chicago. Yes, my mom has a map where she has highlighted her favorite things over YEARS of trips to the windy city. (Hard to see is where she has written "pizza" and "burgers" in Lake Michigan and drawn lines to their locations.)

Since the Greene's are always hungry, we had lunch on the river. And yes, my dad had a "burger". (Gotta love when the map comes in handy.)
After walking for days along the Magnificent Mile and changing shoes, the Greene girls decided to have an artistic adventure in Millennium Park. Cue photo shoot:


Here we are at the bean , wanting to be in a Plain White T's video. But we were like 7 months too late. (FYI-those photos don't turn out well at night.)

No trip is complete with out a summer fling, so I found a new boyfriend at a bus stop.
And Emily found an opportunity to tell her favorite pick-up line. "If you were a pirate, would you put your parrot on this shoulder...or thiiiiisss shoulder (cue suave arm slide)"
Day Two involved a trip to the Museum of Contemporary Art. Where in this exhibit, my dad exclaims a bit too loud loudly..."This is art? It looks like a broken water main to me!" (We quickly moved him to the next exhibit. Where he was asked to leave because he answered his phone.) The bathrooms were quite fun. (And you know I love a good Ladies Room!) For Jeffrey, Brian, and Sam: Regular faucet. Meghan faucet.Not photographed... but super cute and a highlight for my sister was Sarah's Candies. And my dad really enjoyed the drive across the city during rush hour, so that she could get a t-shirt. :)
Enough about the big city... I know that you all can't wait to hear about life on the farm...

No comments:

Post a Comment