Saturday, July 25, 2009

Back to our roots...

And I don't mean the ones that I get touched up every few months. I know that everyone thinks that I am from Florida. But SURPRISE- I'm not! I was actually born in Illinois and lived in the country for 6 whole years before relocating to Tampa. In the summer, we like to go visit family and take the country by storm... (they really can only handle us in small doses)

So, as we drove two hours south of Chicago back to the homeland we were in need of some car entertainment. As crafty individuals, my sisters snagged some scotch tape and made artsy faux 'staches. They stored them on the back of the car seats, as seen here:

They even let me try one on for size. This is my "serious" face. (One that people don't see too often.) Somehow the photo of Emily with a uni brow has disappeared. Hmmm....

Once we arrived at the farmhouse, the Greene girls ditched the rental Avalon and got a new ride:

Emily appointed herself our designated driver. Here was our reaction:

Please ignore my forehead creases. Extended time with family increases the appearance of aging.

If the thought of Emily driving that massive truck didn't scare you, this most definitely will:

Sarah and Emily practiced for hitting Bambi. I prepared for burglars.

Yes. You should think twice before breaking into our house. (This would be even more effective if I owned a gun.)We do however own a drill gun and you should have seen how fast those guys moved when they saw Sarah do this:

That corn didn't stand a chance with us.

No trip to Illinois is complete without hanging with these two rock stars. Don't worry Grandpa, we haven't told anyone that you bumped the curb with your fender. (whoops.)

If that didn't give you warm fuzzies. This will. There is a whole field of them at our farmhouse. Jealous? I thought so.



1 comment: