Thursday, July 23, 2009

Atlanta: Take 1

As promised here is part 1:

This time two weeks ago, I bounced out of Tallahassee and headed north to the city of Real Housewives, Usher, T.I., Katherine Hiegl and Ryan Seacrest. A sweet friend offered to join me for the road trip as we were both heading up for Blair and Holly's wedding. He volunteered to keep me company, but refused to read US Weekly to me out loud. Since everyone knows what a road trip looks like... let's fast forward...cue weekend in Atlanta:

I learned that when Reagan asked if I wanted to see "Friday Night Sprints" at the Velodrome, she wasn't referring to an indie band. The cycling entertainment for the evening was really fun. I even caught eyes with a professional cyclist. The kind that drives a BMW X3 with a sponsorship logo paint job. It was my teal skull scarf that he couldn't resist. I could tell. We didn't get to talk, but only because he was too busy riding a bicycle.

On to the main weekend event...

Two of my favorite people ever got married! Blair and Holly's wedding was beautiful. It was so much fun to see everyone. And by everyone I mean the craziest crew of FSU tailgaters. It was 100% FSU and I loved it! (Best comment of the night..."There a lot of men here who played team sports.")

And to burn off Saturday wedding and Sunday brunch calories, Reagan and I went for a little bike ride on the Silver Comet Trail. While the intentions were there, this little excursion involved a planning FAIL. But we were determined to get a ride in...even if we forgot a wrench to lower one of the bike seats...and even if I forgot my shoes and had to bike in Havaianas. (So much for safety first!) We were determined to get at least 14 miles in... and that we did! (I will leave the grumbling about the sore cooter to a minimum, let's just say it had been a while since I was on a bike.)

In summary, Atlanta (part 1) = fun.

2 comments:

  1. Did you really just use the word cooter? That might be the worst word I've ever seen you use. I miss the Silver Comet - so great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Laura,

    I was dared. Double dog level.

    ReplyDelete