Sunday, June 7, 2009

This little blogger is BACK!

My sincerest apologies to the one blog reader (GB) who missed out on my little entries and life updates. If I know anything, I know that after running a big race, it is important to take a week off to let your body rest. So, it was critical to my long-term blogging career to take a week off after that Blog-a-day-May nonsense. (btw- a winner is tbd.)

I have thought long and hard about what my first post back is going to be. And I have had ample material to post about as this week has been a non stop flurry of activity. To recap: We spent a night without living room furniture, stripped the wallpaper in the bathroom, we are still stepping on bits of paper, painted the bathroom, got new furniture, my dad stayed for the week, Greene girl 3 finished orientation at FSU and cut off 14 inches of hair for Locks of Love, this lady skipped town for the week and left her 10 year old with us (s0 fun!), birthdays were celebrated and FSU baseball just couldn't make it happen.

But friends, this morning, I bring you news of a man in his late 20s/ early 30s who feels that it is socially acceptable to bring a bird to a bar. My question is...at what point was bringing a puppy to a park not a solid enough way to meet people?

I have learned that this was not an isolated occurrence. If I went out more, I would surely have seen him and his "seeing eye" parrot. I believe that he is well on his way to becoming as iconic as the naked bicycler on Apalachee Pkwy.

No comments:

Post a Comment