Friday, April 9, 2010

Those &^$#% April Showers!

If you were me, here is what your Thursday afternoon was like.... You leave work, you meet one of the most lovely people in the world for a cupcake date (and maybe a glass of wine). It is bliss. So wonderful. So yummy. You don't even mind that it is as if the heaven's have opened up and poured down so much rain that you doubt there ever was (or is) a drought. You don't even mind navigating ever so cautiously around the swelling lake sized puddles that you have formed as you walk back to your car. That is of course until you have a real life, true story, Bridget Jones moment.
That's right. A car just drilled me with a tidal wave of water. I might have shrieked. Julia immediately says, "Give me your camera, I know you have your camera!" Of course she said that through her laughter... that I am sure hasn't stopped.

In all fairness, she was pretty wet herself. The kind of soaked when the weight of your drenched pant legs causes them to fall down. We had no choice at this moment. We just had to go home.
Welcome to April in Florida. (Who am I kidding, welcome to April, May, June, July, August, September, October and November.)

No comments:

Post a Comment