Monday, April 19, 2010

Here I go again...

Here is the story of how this:
Ended up like this:
It all starts Reagan. I met Reagan in grad school and I will not tell the story of our first meeting. It doesn't paint a very positive picture of me. All that is important is that we are dear friends now. Well, Reagan's birthday is tomorrow and as it is a milestone birthday, she wanted her friends to be able to celebrate with her in Atlanta. So grand plans were developed to have 2 of her friends from Ohio come into town. (Two super awesome friends who I had to pleasure of going to Vegas with a couple of years ago.) I was also planning to go that weekend and Rebekah (another Tallahassee/grad school friend) was hoping to go as well. Things were looking great until both Rebekah and I had Saturday conflicts causing us both to back out of the weekend. We were even more bummed out when Reagan told us that in May, she is moving to Portland. The Portland in Oregon. And we were so sad. That is until we thought a bit more about it and realized that we could actually leave Tallahassee on Saturday afternoon to be in Atlanta by dinner time. So Reagan thought that Georgia and Katie were her only two guest for the weekend, until Friday when Erin also flew in from Ohio and Saturday when Rebekah and I showed up at the restaurant. Surprises are fun. And Rebekah and I would make an excellent team on the amazing race. So our crew now of six had a fantastic dinner and hopped back in the car (I am pretty sure the valet guy didn't approve of my music choices and changed the station, but not important to the story.) So at this point, we parked the cars and were are out in the Highlands. Lucky for us it happened to be "Zombie" night... I don't even know.... So to avoid the "Zombies" roaming the street, we ducked into "Metalsome Karaoke".
You all guessed it.... #6 of 20- Heavy Metal Karaoke.

This was definitely not your mom's karaoke. And definitely something that I had never done before. There was a stage. There was a band. A long haired band. There was a smoke machine. There was a mic. And there were rules. If you were bad. You were gone. Gong Show style, gone.

This was just too much for Georgia. She was in metal heaven. She signed up so fast to rock, "Here I Go Again." And Ladies and Gentlemen, she rocked it.

Just for the ladies, looky there.... it is the Brit who took our pic. (His words, not mine.)
Happy 30th Birthday, Reagan! Here's to a new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment