Friday, April 16, 2010

88.9

I listen to/ watch VH1 in the morning. I tune in for Kidd Kraddick in the morning and Ryan Seacrest in the afternoon. My primary news source is twitter. So the fact that I have NEVER done this before will be of no surprise. So......

#5 of 20: Listen to NPR. (and only NPR for one whole, super long, I really needed Lil Wayne week)

Well, here is a full report on my experience. I wanted to change the station a good 3-4 times each time I got in the car. I realized that was more out of my channel surfing habit than a desire to avoid what I was hearing. While I tuned out about every 3rd story, I actually got sucked into a few. I learned something about the potential of a high speed rail connecting LA and San Fransisco. I learned of tragedy surrounding the plane carrying the Polish president and other high officials crashing. I heard endless stories about Massey, coal mining, and safety. I found out that Natalie Merchant has come out with an album of lullabies and jigs that will drive hippie parents wild. Days of texting while driving may be numbered. In local news, I learned that Nims Middle School is the first middle school to EVER be selected to perform at the Sugar Bowl. Oh and I actually knew that the eruption of the Icelandic volcano had closed airports in the UK, long before I made it to the office and saw the commotion that it created.

It was fun being smart for a week. But I am going back to pop music and 90s hits. I just need it. I can't help it. It is who I am.


No comments:

Post a Comment