Thursday, January 21, 2010

Our Island in the Sun

Last night, my middle school dream came true. One word: Weezer. Two words: in concert.Thank you TMobile for the opportunity for victory. FSU students, staff and alum rose to the occasion and voted our little hearts out on the Facebook Motorola Clic Challenge. The results, we won a Weezer concert at our school. Oh, and our 10,000 plus votes also landed us a nice little check for SGA. (Just think $1 per vote. Nice.) Well, Em and I grabbed our free tickets and headed up to the Civic Center for one of the best concerts we have ever been to. Honestly, it was a fantastic show.

I mean, has your school's marching band played with Weezer? Well, mine has. Boom. I am now a firm believer that every concert should start with the Warchant.
Look closely. Yes, that is Hayley Williams (of Paramore fame). She just happened to drop in to assist with "Say It Ain't So". (Which just so happens to be both Emily and my fav Weezer song. AND we both just happen to love it with female vocals. So yes, it was blissful.) And if you missed the concert (ahem, Kevin), I have a 30 secondish clip posted. I promise, they sounded great live. The quality on my camera does no justice.
Well hey there Jermaine Dupri. Glad you just dropped in, ya know, cause Atlanta is just up the road and you thought you would come perform the song that you wrote for Weezer. Nice. I nearly fainted. But that would have been uncool. Uncool is not my style.
To Alison (my bff from middle/high school), it was everything that we dreamed it would be. Thank you for introducing me to the blue album (a personal fav).

To my mother, you missed their cover of Lady Gaga's Poker Face. You would have loved it. We did.

No comments:

Post a Comment