Sunday, November 1, 2009

Kourtney Kardashian and I had a similar week....


We both were recovering from home break-ins. Yes, you read that correctly. While the Greene Girls were out of the house, someone (and company) decided it would be fun to bust through our front door. And I mean bust. Because when Emily and I got home that night, we found pieces of our door frame scattered a good 10 feet. Initial thought, ugh... I am going to have to vacuum tonight. Ok. I lied. My initial thought was "They took the TV!" Yes, Emily's graduation present was gone. It was sad. Sarah's Wii was gone. That was sad. My jewelry box was gone. That was sad. The Country Rock Band Game that was left in the Wii was gone. That was tragic. (Wait...I mean... when we sang along to that Country Rock Band game... Now, that was tragic.) And, yes, I had to vacuum that night.


It is amazing how quickly, in such an unexpected instance, our little mantra became, "It is just stuff." "It is just stuff." "It is just stuff." I wish that I could say that I am not caught up with things of this world. But that just wouldn't be true. There are moments when I really miss our TV. It just seems so wrong now to watch a football game on that ol' 25" Sanyo that I got as a freshman in college. And I have to think to myself, it is just stuff. I occasionally think about the the things in my jewelry box (many that I haven't looked at or thought of in years) and now, suddenly, I miss them. It is just stuff. When I think of the time and effort that was spent replacing our front door. (Not that I was physcially involved in that process). But, It is just stuff. And when on Friday night, I was looking for our tickets to the football game and I realized that ::gasp:: those were stolen also. It is just stuff.



Set your mind on things above, not on eartly things.

Colossians 3:2

No comments:

Post a Comment