Monday, November 9, 2009

I cried on the inside.

It would have been on the outside, had we not been in a public place. I am not really big on crying in public. It just isn't my style. So, here is what had me so verklempt....

I know it just looks like a box of earrings to you. And yes, technically, it is just a box of earrings. But to me it was so so so much more than that. As many of you may recall, my jewelry box was taken when our house got broken into. And I was left with only one pair of earrings- the ones that I was wearing that day. And while I do love my gold hoops, they just don't go with every look. (and there was that one day when I forgot one... leaving me looking like a pirate.)

So, last week when I was out with a friend and she said, "I know how much jewelry means to you (well, and me), so........" And cue a sweeping gesture into her purse to reveal the cutest little white box filled with those sparkly gems. Gasp. Heart melt. I was done. No words. (shocking for me... I know.) She didn't have to go to the store and find new earrings for me.... I am sure that she would have rather bought new earrings for herself. But she did. And it meant even more than I thought it could.

Beyond that gift alone, I was reminded of how good my friends are. They are smart, witty, beautiful, caring, compassionate, supportive and thoughtful people. I really have good friends. Do I even deserve that? If even an ounce of their greatness rubs off on me....

Julia, this is your thank you. In the one form that I know you will love.

No comments:

Post a Comment