Monday, November 23, 2009

Dear Gator Nation,

While I pride myself on my love of civility and all that it represents. I do on occasion, well, lose it. And on behalf of everyone, everywhere, I have a couple of things to say.

Yes, we are all well over TSPN and the Tebow love fest. We are all completely weirded out by the Urban/Timmy can't bare to be apart relationship. But, we know that these things shall pass. TT will head on to be an at best average quarterback in the NFL, Urban will take the job at Notre Dame (no matter what he says)and like Spurrier, we will soon forget that they ever happened.

What we cannot bear, oh lovers of all things orange, is the way you act. Kicking people when they are down is just a waste of your energy. Yes, my Alma Mater has had arguably the worst season in decades. So, when you, Mr. Random Gator College Kid, say to me in the middle of nowhere SC..."See you in two weeks" (and by "say", I mean mutter under your breath in a threatening yet, cowardly way) I almost feel sorry for you. Is it not enough for you to enjoy your winning season and just leave the rest of us alone? And that goes for all of personal acquaintances who claim the U of F. There really is no need for you not to talk to me for 5 years and then post snide remarks on my facebook wall. You may find yourself defriended if you keep that up.

While I have your attention, I know that you are now accustom to a bit of razzing for your love of the jorts. And you now wear them in a self mocking way. Fine. Whatever. But, you really should know that wearing game day attire out on the town the night before and well after the game is simply not cool. It is not necessary to demonstrate to the world that your wardrobe is limited to an orange and blue polo, khaki shorts and a visor. You look silly. For the love, put on restaurant/bar/club appropriate attire. Class it up a bit. You can do it.

Also, I do not need to hear how God made the sky blue and the sun orange. That does not make God a gator. If so, God must be really busy cheering for Auburn, Illinois, Virginia, Syracuse, UT-El Paso and Clemson (when they mix in the blue). And I really don't see that happening.

So, when those few brave Seminoles head into the Swamp on Saturday, please act like someone who has had a great run. Not with the insensitivity that you love to show so much. All. Year. Long.

Thank you,
A Tired Nole

1 comment: