Sunday, December 19, 2010

No, I didn't meet him on Craigslist.

Well friends, I just got back home from a lovely weekend in Arkansas.  (No, your eyes do not deceive you. I really just said wrote Arkansas.) And while that technically could be #17 of 20, I will do you one better.

I went to see my sweet friend from college and her family, one of my favorite annual events. Nicole's husband, Justin, took a position this summer as the student pastor at a church in Jonesboro, so they made the move from North Carolina. They have two of the cutest kids I have ever seen. No, really... the cutest. Well, not long after they moved, Nicole told me about this guy that worked at their church. How he was sooo fun and sooo nice and she wanted us to meet. Well, she once said the same thing about her realtor in North Carolina (who I never met), so I didn't really think much of it. That is until Justin got in on it. Somehow between the two of them... they got us to meet.  This past Thursday. In Arkansas. So...

#17 of 20: Go on a blind date.

That's right. I went out with a guy that I had never seen before. Never talked to. No phone call, text, email, tweet. Nothing. We weren't even facebook friends.

He thinks I'm crazy. He has to.

So the first second time we met was at the church staff Christmas party. Where I was, you guessed it, his date. And we sat by, you guessed it, his boss. The first time we met was earlier that day during a very Gone with the Wind staircase moment in the church foyer. I can't make this stuff up. Anyone familiar with the dynamics of a church staff know what a stir we caused. Mild awkwardness aside, we had a good time and four of us (Nicole and Justin included) have some quality inside jokes.

Well, I guess I should be expecting a phone call from my mom any minute now....

No comments:

Post a Comment