Sunday, September 13, 2009

It only took him 4 years...

to get over the fear of being a member of our crazy family. Even if you weren't reading this post, you probably heard my mother shrieking or smelled the aroma of the celebratory meal that Lea will be making. Yes, friends, the rumors are true. There is finally going to be a Greene Guy!

Last night, in the pouring rain, Jeffrey proposed to Sarah. She tried to call Emily and me...but we were at the football game. And who answers their phone at a game? In the rain?

And having been privy to fact that last night was the night, our plan was to rush home and be sitting on the couch, watching tv, wearing bridesmaid dresses when she return. Unfortunately, I recently donated my extensive collection of bridesmaid dresses. So, instead, we were there waiting with wet hair in sweatpants. Oh. so. glamorous.

For the record, her ring does not look like this:

Or like this:

It is actually very stunning and absolutely perfect for Sarah. Whew! All of those nightmares that I had where Jeffrey proposed with a hideous ring were for naught!

3 comments:

  1. YAY! Tell Sarah I said congrats. I'm so happy for her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it only took him 4 years to summon up the courage to join your family? brave brave boy, i might have thought about it for a few more years...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great. I'm glad he got the courage. I knew I liked him (Well, I only met him once.. but he seemed like a cool kid).

    ReplyDelete