Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Aftermath

At 8am this morning, I pulled into the faculty lot at the stadium, as I do every Tuesday morning. It was quiet. It was calm. It was almost as if the night before never happened. Wait. Really? It is possible that it never happened? And then, low and behold, I saw this...

A small bit of the aftermath. And the reality of the night before back to set in. This place, only 7 hrs before, was full of activity. Well, and if you want to know the end of that story. Feel free to visit espn.com on your own time. Although, the sampling of messages below will be a heavy indicator.

(via gchat at 8:07am)
Travis: I was completely sober last night, yet I still feel like I was repeatedly hit with a shovel.

(also via gchat)
Meghan: Dear Miami fans, Could I please have my soul back? Love, Meghan
Julia: Miami fans, You are thugs. Hate, Julia

(from my favorite minister in NC via txt)
Dane: "You ok this morning? I hope all the starbucks in Miami burn down and they suffer really bad caffiene headaches." Oh, someone who knows me so well!

2 comments:

  1. I won't tell you that one of your favorite college friends and FSU alumnus was there and in a Miami shirt.....what can I say, they brainwash us when you grow up there :). I miss you!!! Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. you (hardly) ever have a monday night dinner hangover...

    ReplyDelete