Saturday, March 19, 2011

It has been 3 months...

since my last post. 


I never intended for that to happen. It just did. And since people have basically been begging me to blog, here I am. Back. I will give you a post (or two). But no guarantees beyond that. 


Here's the thing. In January, my sister moved out. She just picked up and headed to London for 4 months. The unfortunate side effect of me being really good at my job. So, I found myself living in a house all alone. Living alone isn't something that I do particularly well and for some reason this time it was extra rough. (It could be that I don't exactly live in the best neighborhood and more houses on my street than not have been broken into. Nah. That can't be it. I am tough. And I have a really heavy duty maglite next to my bed.) Many of you know... January was tough. So, I did what I always do when I don't want to deal with something. That's right, I got busy. I caught up on Mad Men and watched seasons 1-3, finished all three of Stieg Larrson's books, cleaned out my closet, went to a slew of birthday parties, spent a weekend hanging with (and sleeping on the floor with) the high school kids at church, completed another Warrior Dash, trained for another 1/2 marathon and finished that 1/2 marathon (in under 2 hours, thank you very much).


Some Photographic Evidence:

Well, by early March, I was over the whole distracting myself thing. I gave in. So the day after the cheetahs ran our third half marathon together, I hopped on a plane to London. (Sidenote: I don't really recommend doing that. My legs severely hated me for a while.) But it was all worth it to see my little labradoodle....  (Emily).
I actually had a series of meetings in London. But Emily was able to snag me for a bit and we crammed all of London into about a day and a half. We were very mission minded and we managed to see Harrods, walk through Hyde Park, eat cupcakes, eat crepes, eat gelato, tour the Olympic Village, catch a show, walk through SoHo, Covent Garden, Piccadilly Circus, Trafalgar Square, the Borough Market, see the Tower Bridge, Shakespeare's Globe Theatre, the Tower of London, Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament, Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace, the British Museum, go to football (soccer) match, eat fish and chips AND we went to Hillsong on Sunday. 


I now miss her more than ever. But I came back with a few sleeves of McVitie's Chocolate Caramel Digestives that are rather soothing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment