Tuesday, February 23, 2010

All in a day's work...

For the past 7 days, I have been busy at work on my 20 of 2010. Oh, the lengths (and distances) I will go for this little project. I actually rose above my challenge of visiting a new city and visited a city that I had never been to before, in a country that I had never been to before, in a continent that I had never been to before. Compliments of my new job (oh yeah, I got a new job), I spent last week in Europe for our spring director's meeting.

So, here is #3 of 20: I visited Valencia, Spain.

I could have completed my entire list of 20 new things just on this trip. And since doing that would make for a boring year, I decided that I would document 20 things that I have never done before just on this trip.

#1 Visit Europe

#2 Visit Paris (for a 7 hour layover) and use a French Keyboard

#3 Hang out in the SkyMiles lounge (those International Programs peeps sure rack up some FF miles.)
#4 Visit Spain
#5 Eat paella at Maria's house. She is awesome. Her paella is to die for.
#6 Drink Cafe con Leche everyday
#7 Stay in a building that has a 15th century Roman wall

#8 See a bull ring

#9 Tour Valencia's City Hall
#10 Climb to the top of the Serrano Tours
#11 Attend a private party. In Spain.
#12 Eat my weight in tapas
#13 Hang out with an Italian Man (Don't get the wrong idea, he is my friend Kelly's husband.)
#14 Find Hannah Montana on a menu
#15 Watch the Valencia Marathon
#16 Participate in an international paper airplane competition #17 Go to an Irish bar in Spain with friends from London and Florence #18 Run in a river bed



#19 See the City of Arts and Sciences #20 Have a dance party with co-workers


It is official. I love Valencia. I really do. I may move there. Dare me.

2 comments:

  1. you are not allowed to move there. and you have seen hannah montana on a birthday party plate and cup before. does that count? especially since it was your own birthday party...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So jealous! And completely excited for you!

    ReplyDelete