Friday, May 29, 2009

When it is all said and done...

Oh how the runner in me loves a good finish line and ladies and gentlemen, we have received the finish line! The Blog-a-Day in May challenge ends today! Whew!

This silly little challenge has actually taught me a pretty big lesson. Life is just a series of little moments all worthy of notice, appreciation and reflection. I had become so conditioned to focus on the big moments in life (the graduations, the moves, the new jobs that I have had and the husband and the kids that I don't have) that I consistently felt like I was missing out on something. But the funny thing is that when you are trying to coming up with material to post on a blog every single day, you begin to look at your life in a very different way. Those little moments in the day suddenly moved to centerstage in my life. I found a new appreciation for everything from a day of childish antics at Adventure Island to the day when Edub and I had really terrible service at BW3's. I just keep thinking... wait until this goes on my blog! I never did post that story, but it involves a server who couldn't get anything right. We honestly tried to think of one thing that she did right... and nada! But the best part of that experience was that I didn't get angry or storm out of the restaurant. I just laughed in disbelief and thought "oh, just wait until my blog friends hear about this one!"

I have also really enjoyed learning from others. Reading your daily posts is such a highlight for me. Oh and Adam, I believe that you have consumed approximately 6,432 extra calories this month. But, who's counting? And I am still waiting for my shiskaberry....

And as the contest draws to a close, I would like to thank my sponsors: Red Eye Coffee Shop, Sony Vaio, Lea Marshall's photos, the Division of Student Affairs, EDub, and my mom (for her phone calls to remind me to blog).

3 comments:

  1. Proud of you, my friend. You are better than I!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. I think it's a sign: http://www.musingsofahousewife.com/2009/05/mojitos.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. ive learned the same thing! the little things are worthwhile just as much as the big things. love it!

    ReplyDelete