Monday, May 18, 2009

To the FBC Class of 2009:

You all make me smile. A lot. It is so hard for me to believe that you all were in 6th grade the year that I started working my brief stint in full-time youth ministry. You were my favs and I don't even care if the others know. You were the most dynamic group of guys that I had ever met. And you were only in the 6th grade! (Oh, Aseye... I didn't forget about you! The lone lady in the bunch! I am just glad that you made it to church on time yesterday :)

Senior Sunday has long been one of my favorite Sundays (you know, just behind Easter) and this year's was SO good. I promise, I wasn't crying during your video. I'm a rock. That was just sweat (after all- the AC was broken!)

I really loved being a part of your lives. Going to your baseball games, hanging out with you at youth camp, driving you around town. Will, I loved that your uncle once asked me, "Which boy was mine?" out at the ballpark one day. The look on his face was priceless when I pointed to you. Andrew, I forgive you for not letting me be your Facebook friend. I get it... being "friends" with old people just isn't cool. Matt, you always will be my favorite Perrin. Even if you made fun of my vanilla scented car air freshner. Luke, oh Luke.... I secretly FEARED the day that you would get your driver's license. And now you are going to be in college. Yikes. I also seem to recall some of you throwing me into a pool about 6 years ago... I haven't forgotten... payback is coming...

I am thrilled that so many of you will be in town next year. I'm just not ready to let you go. After all, it is all about me!

Now if we could just convince Will to forgoe his Auburn dream and stay in Tallahassee...
Um... Luke.... buddy... what is up with that gown?

No comments:

Post a Comment